Standards for Secondary Teacher Education Programme/B.Ed.
- The secondary teacher education programme, commonly known as B.Ed., is meant for preparing teachers for secondary/senior secondary schools.
Duration and Intake
- The B.Ed. programme is a regular course of two-year duration.
- 2 unit of 100 students approved by NCTE.
- Candidates with at least 50% marks in the Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree with at least two school subjects at the graduation level are eligible for admission.
- Admissions are made by University, through entrance test conducted by the University.
- Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC, Handicapped, Women, etc. is as per policy of the University/State Government.
- Every teacher trainee is required to undergo intern-ship-in-teaching (including practice teaching and skill development) for at least 30 days in nearby secondary/senior secondary schools.
- Apart from teaching of foundation courses, there is provision for methodology of teaching two out of five school subjects at the secondary level (Regional Language/Mother Tongue, English, Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences), or discipline-specific subjects at the senior secondary level (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, History, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Commerce etc.)
- Teachers are so distributed as to ensure the required nature and level of expertise for teaching methodology courses and foundation courses.
- For teaching subjects such as physical education, art, work experience, information technology literacy, etc., part-time instructors are available.